Lawrence Tech provides instructors and students with web applications that support and enhance learning.
VoiceThread: an interactive collaboration and sharing tool that allows users to add voice, text, and video from within Blackboard. VoiceThread is great for having a conversation around an image, or reading a passage or poem, learning a language or sharing knowledge interactively through audio, video, and annotations, in addition to text.
Google+ Hangouts: available with our LTU Google+ Apps options providing an option for "live" delivery. More info at: http://ltu.edu/ehelp/google_hangouts.asp
- Live, synchronous sessions of course delivery, but sessions can be recorded (“YouTube Live”) and archived to a YouTube channel.
- Video chat with up to 23 people from any device – your computer, tablet, or your smartphone
- Use any combination of text, voice, and video and a number of web conferencing tools
- Share your screen and collaborate on documents through Google Drive and/or use a variety of Google add-ons
- Recordings are stored in Google’s cloud and are available through YouTube. They continue to be accessible.
YouTube Live (formerly Google+ Hangouts): allows recording of Google Hangout sessions
- The ability to record a "Hangout" is still available, what was Google "Hangouts on Air" has now become YouTube Live.
- You can still record your live event while showing at the same time. The steps may be different but results will be the same.
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events. Sign in to your LTU email account and YouTube. New Event