Your application to Lawrence Tech will start you on the path of success! Lawrence Tech grads enjoy a return on investment that is in the top 5% nationally. The combination of theory and practice will ensure you build the skill set necessary to be a leader in your field. Your path to success starts with completing the Lawrence Tech Online Application, Common Application, or Universal Application.
The University has a selective admissions process, the objective of which is to identify men and women who have the highest potential for advancement in their chosen field of study. While a student applicant’s academic record is a reliable measure for the prediction of academic success, the admissions decision is more complex than admitting students on the basis of a numerical formula. With this intent, Lawrence Tech considers, in addition to the applicant’s previous academic record, factors which demonstrate an aptitude for successful study.
After you submit your application for admission, please contact the Office of Admissions to let us know of any changes or corrections to your application at 248.204.3160 or email@example.com.
Domestic Applicants: There is no formal deadline for applications; however, we recommend applying as early as possible to maximize academic scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
International Applicants: All documents are required to be received by the Office of Admissions at least 90 days prior to the first day of the semester for which you would like to begin.
- Completed application
- Official college transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Official final high school transcripts or GED
- Essay describing your educational goals, highlighting your educational career, or describing your involvement in any leadership development programs
- Application fee of $30
If you have completed 30 or more credit hours, admission is based upon your college GPA. Both official college and high school transcripts are required. If you have completed fewer than 30 credit hours, admission is based upon your high school transcripts.
An official transfer credit evaluation will be completed upon your admission to LTU. In order for a class to be transferable, you must have completed the course with a "C" grade (2.0) or higher. You are encouraged to meet with an admissions counselor at Lawrence Tech early in your college/university career for proper advising. Transfer guides are also available for local colleges that highlight all transferable courses for your intended program.
Specific Admission Requirements
- All majors, except majors in the College of Architecture and Design, require an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher to meet admission requirements. Majors in the College of Architecture and Design require an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students applying for game art, industrial design, and transportation design majors will also need to submit a design portfolio. For portfolio requirements, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Architecture majors require a portfolio for transfer credit purposes. Click here for portfolio requirements.
|Lawrence Technological University
Office of Admissions
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075