Grade Point Average Requirements
To join a Fraternity or Sorority you must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Incoming First Year students need 2.5 cumulative GPA.
If you have done a GPA reset then you will have 1 semester to establish a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
In order to be considered an active member of Greek Life at LTU, a student must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Current graduate students who are in Greek Life must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA in order to stay active.
Lawrence Technological University’s Greek Life Office Recruitment Policy
An individual interesting in joining a Lawrence Tech Greek Organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Lawrence Tech undergraduate student.
- Must meet the GPA requirements.
- To join a Fraternity or Sorority you must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Incoming First Year students must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA – based on high school transcripts.
LTU Greek Organizations may not bid/pledge/recruit/intake/initiate an individual below the GPA requirement.
LTU Greek organizations have 1 week post rush to turn in pledge/new member rosters to the Greek Life adviser to get official grade point averages.
If the Lawrence Tech University Greek organization does not oblige, the
following sanctions may be enforced:
1. Conduct Warning: the person(s) involved as well as the President of the
organization must meet with the Judicial and Greek Advisor. An official written
notification that the behavior is in violation of the Greek Life’s policies.
2. Suspension of Event Privileges: A chapter may not sponsor or partner in any
event on or off campus.
3. Mandatory Educational Programming: chapter may be required to attend as
a whole or in part, educational programming assigned by the Greek life office.
Chapter may also be required to host and facilitate their own programming
under this sanction.
4. Revocation of Charter: A chapter may be fully unrecognized by the university,
severing all ties as a registered organization and recognized fraternity or
sorority chapter. The chapter may not function as a organization, maintain or
recruit members, or operate any facility on or off campus in relation
to the university.
Lawrence Technological University’s Greek Life Member Policy
In order to maintain your LTU Greek Life eligibility a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full time Lawrence Tech undergraduate student.
- Meet the GPA requirements for LTU: 2.0 cumulative. Each organization may have their own specific requirements that must also be met.
- Obey the Academic Honor Code.
- Obey the Student Code of Conduct.
- Attend the Anti-Hazing seminar presented by the Greek Life Adviser
Lawrence Tech Anti-Hazing Policy
Hazing, defined as an act that endangers the mental or physical health or safety of a student, or which destroys or removes public or private property, for the purpose of initiation, admission into, affiliation with, or as a condition for continued membership in a group or organization. The express or implied consent of the victim will not be a defense. Apathy or acquiescence in the presence of hazing are not neutral acts; they are violations of this regulation. Hazing is forbidden by the policies of the University, by State law, and by each organization recognized by Lawrence Technological University. If you or someone you know have had an experience with hazing and you want to tell someone, you can contact the Greek Life Adviser, Jamie Vassel, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Assistant Dean of Students, Cyndi Spotts, email@example.com.
Click here to view the Michigan Penal Code on Hazing.